Over the last few weeks, the number of COVID-19 cases in Texas has grown dramatically.
When the virus first started to impact our state, we began calling on our state lawmakers to implement universal vote-by-mail. Since then, we’ve also worked to hold our leaders accountable and promote progress on a number of other issues including abortion access, paid sick leave, economic opportunity, and more.
Here’s an ongoing list of our content as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- PETITION: Gov. Abbott should institute 100% vote-by-mail during the coronavirus pandemic
- Gov. Abbott must protect Texas voters by instituting universal vote-by-mail
- 100% vote-by-mail in Texas is completely possible
- The Secretary of State’s office responded to our vote-by-mail petition, but Texans still need clarity
- Texas is failing college voters, and they deserve better
- 5 reasons why Texas voters would benefit from vote-by-mail
- A victory for vote-by-mail and an election advisory. Now what?
- Voters file age discrimination lawsuit over Texas vote-by-mail law
- Texans shouldn't have to risk death to vote
- Only 7 states limit vote-by-mail access based on age. Texas is one of them.
Abortion Access & Reproductive Health Care
- Abbott, Paxton using COVID-19 to push anti-abortion agenda
- The fight continues as conservatives play tug-of-war with Texans’ abortion care
- The dangers of being Black and pregnant during a global health pandemic
- Republicans turn pandemic into fight about racism
- Dan Patrick is wrong: Our neighbors aren’t expendable
- Senator Eddie Lucio Jr. is failing his constituency... again
- Gov. Abbott issued a "stay-at-home” order, but his partisan programming prevents him from saying it
- How many lives is (a possibility of) "boosting" the economy worth? Texas conservatives are misleading the public.
- An ongoing list of Ken Paxton's questionable, and quite possible illegal, actions during the COVID-19 crisis
- VIDEO: Who is John Cornyn really looking out for?
- In times of crisis, progressives show how leadership is done
- VIDEO: Progress Texas Happy Hour with Wendy Davis
- VIDEO: Progress Texas Happy Hour with Gina Ortiz Jones
- VIDEO: Progress Texas Happy Hour with Chrysta Casteñeda
- VIDEO: Progress Texas Happy Hour with Julie Oliver
- VIDEO: Progress Texas Happy Hour with Sec. Julián Castro
Paid Sick Leave & Affordable Health Care
- We need to talk about paid sick leave in Texas
- For everyone’s sake, Texas needs paid sick leave
- Medicaid expansion could give insurance to over one million Texans
- America needs a consumer bailout
- Don’t answer the fiscal suffering with even more suffering
- Texas college students are taking care of their communities while navigating COVID-19
- Death and taxes, pandemics and politics
- No one should lose their home for staying at home
- Now is the time for Texas to consider the taxable benefits of marijuana legalization
- Trump Administration capitalizes on COVID-19 lockdowns to accelerate land grabs in Texas
- To help Texans is to help immigrants
- Being poor in a Texas jail should not be a death sentence
- 7 things Texans can do to help our state survive and thrive during the coronavirus pandemic
- A pandemic reveals our interdependence
- Let’s defeat the coronavirus with the ‘Dunkirk Spirit’
- Stay-at-home is where the heart is
- It’s not about staying open, it’s about staying safe
- We asked Texans about their concerns over the state reopening. Here's what they told us.
If you haven’t already, please subscribe to receive updates from our team.
Your donation supports our media and helps us keep it free of ads and paywalls.