Pandemic or not - we’re still fighting for you
Over the last few weeks, the number of COVID-19 cases in Texas has grown dramatically.
When the virus first started to impact our state, we began calling on our state lawmakers to implement universal vote-by-mail. Since then, we’ve also worked to hold our leaders accountable and promote progress on a number of other issues including abortion access, paid sick leave, economic opportunity, and more.
Here’s an ongoing list of our content as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- PETITION: Gov. Abbott should institute 100% vote-by-mail during the coronavirus pandemic
- Gov. Abbott must protect Texas voters by instituting universal vote-by-mail
- 100% vote-by-mail in Texas is completely possible
- The Secretary of State’s office responded to our vote-by-mail petition, but Texans still need clarity
- Texas is failing college voters, and they deserve better
- 5 reasons why Texas voters would benefit from vote-by-mail
- A victory for vote-by-mail and an election advisory. Now what?
- Voters file age discrimination lawsuit over Texas vote-by-mail law
- Texans shouldn't have to risk death to vote
- Only 7 states limit vote-by-mail access based on age. Texas is one of them.
Abortion Access & Reproductive Health Care
- Abbott, Paxton using COVID-19 to push anti-abortion agenda
- The fight continues as conservatives play tug-of-war with Texans’ abortion care
- The dangers of being Black and pregnant during a global health pandemic
- Republicans turn pandemic into fight about racism
- Dan Patrick is wrong: Our neighbors aren’t expendable
- Senator Eddie Lucio Jr. is failing his constituency... again
- Gov. Abbott issued a "stay-at-home” order, but his partisan programming prevents him from saying it
- How many lives is (a possibility of) "boosting" the economy worth? Texas conservatives are misleading the public.
- An ongoing list of Ken Paxton's questionable, and quite possible illegal, actions during the COVID-19 crisis
- VIDEO: Who is John Cornyn really looking out for?
- In times of crisis, progressives show how leadership is done
- VIDEO: Progress Texas Happy Hour with Wendy Davis
- VIDEO: Progress Texas Happy Hour with Gina Ortiz Jones
- VIDEO: Progress Texas Happy Hour with Chrysta Casteñeda
- VIDEO: Progress Texas Happy Hour with Julie Oliver
- VIDEO: Progress Texas Happy Hour with Sec. Julián Castro
Paid Sick Leave & Affordable Health Care
- We need to talk about paid sick leave in Texas
- For everyone’s sake, Texas needs paid sick leave
- Medicaid expansion could give insurance to over one million Texans
- America needs a consumer bailout
- Don’t answer the fiscal suffering with even more suffering
- Texas college students are taking care of their communities while navigating COVID-19
- Death and taxes, pandemics and politics
- No one should lose their home for staying at home
- Now is the time for Texas to consider the taxable benefits of marijuana legalization
- Trump Administration capitalizes on COVID-19 lockdowns to accelerate land grabs in Texas
- To help Texans is to help immigrants
- Being poor in a Texas jail should not be a death sentence
- 7 things Texans can do to help our state survive and thrive during the coronavirus pandemic
- A pandemic reveals our interdependence
- Let’s defeat the coronavirus with the ‘Dunkirk Spirit’
- Stay-at-home is where the heart is
- It’s not about staying open, it’s about staying safe
- We asked Texans about their concerns over the state reopening. Here's what they told us.
If you haven’t already, please subscribe to receive updates from our team.