- January 21, 2022Toplines and Key Points: Roe v. Wade affirmed the constitutional right to a safe and legal abortion, saving countless lives. Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization , a case that deals with the constitutionality of a Mississippi 15-week abortion ban...
- January 21, 2022The new Texas voter law is already causing problems - or is working out just as intended, depending on which side of the aisle you’re on. Vote-by-mail applications are being rejected at a massive scale across the state. In Denton and Tarrant counties,...
- January 20, 2022Chris Mosser fills for Saatvik this week as we try to make sense (and it's not easy) of recent developments in voter access: at the federal level conservatives remain opposed to voting rights legislation, and at the local level vote-by-mail applications...
- January 20, 2022Toplines: The 2022 midterm election is our chance to make a change. If we don’t vote for strong candidates in the primary, it will hurt us in the November general election. Primary elections give us the opportunity to choose which progressive values we...
- January 14, 2022Toplines: A lack of federally standardized election laws has allowed voter suppression legislation to sweep the nation. The family of Martin Luther King Jr. is calling for "no celebration" of MLK Day without the passage of federal voting rights...
- January 13, 2022Our good pal Joe Deshotel of the terrific Texas Signal group joins us this week as we take a deep dive into Operation Lone Star - Governor Abbott's politically-motivated, poorly-executed and ill-advised mobilization of the Texas National Guard troops to...
We recap the wild week in Texas politics. Grab a coldie and hang!
Where to Listen
We're All Over
People trust what we have to say.
"If Republicans had been successful, it would have been devastating for millions who are insured and rely on the ACA’s protections for pre-existing conditions. Health care is a human right, and every person deserves access to affordable care."
“[The bill] has become a Frankenstein-like monster of voter suppression with the worst parts of different bills thrown together in one terrifying piece of legislation."
“If we’re really all in this together, all Texans have a duty to protect each other and Gov. Abbott has a duty to take responsibility for his actions.”
“In passing permitless carry, Republicans are saying that you no longer need a license to carry a gun, but you still need one to vote. The public was not asking for this and voters overwhelmingly oppose the measure, but right wing legislators forced it through anyway.”
“Let me be clear: Abortion is health care and it is still legal in Texas. This six-week abortion ban is unconstitutional and others like it have been struck down by federal courts across the nation.”