10 Reasons Not to Vote for Ted Cruz (As If We Needed More)
Sure, bats and ghosts are creepy, but you know what’s really spooky? The thought of six more years with Ted Cruz as our senator.
Here are 10 reasons not to vote for Cruz, inspired by our former blogs and videos highlighting his terrifying record as senator.
1. Cruz opposes same-sex marriage and supports anti-LGBTQIA+ legislation.
- Ted Cruz throws tantrum over same-sex marriage
- Cruz super PAC leader thinks Bible prohibits cure for AIDS
2. We’re not saying Cruz is a racist, he just supports racists and racist policies.
- Watch Ted Cruz praise creator of Trump's Muslim Travel Ban
- Ted Cruz Praises Racist Jesse Helms
- Abbott and Cruz Celebrate Divisive Ruling on Immigration
3. Cruz wants to end abortion access and is a misogynist.
- 9 Reasons Why Ted Cruz Is Just as Awful as Trump on Abortion and Women’s Rights
- Ted Cruz Makes Indefensible Vote
- Ted Cruz refuses to address Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, turns his back on women
- When It Comes to Misogyny, Texas Republicans Practice What Donald Trump Preaches
4. Cruz was never around as our senator.
5. The man is weird and downright creepy.
6. Cruz is easily bought.
7. Cruz does not want Texans to have affordable health care.
- Ted Cruz Wants to Keep Texas the Worst Place in Country for Health Care Coverage
- Ted Cruz Meets Betrayal
- Ted Cruz's Complaint About Obamacare Falls Flat
- Ted Cruz Signs Up for Obamacare. Seriously.
8. He’s a liar and a coward.
- How Ted Cruz is Avoiding Debating Beto in the Most Cruz-ish Way
- Not Surprised - Ted Cruz's first TV spot is a Lie
- Ted Cruz Lied About Supreme Court Confirmations
- Ted Cruz Caught Lying About Medicaid Expansion - Twice
9. Nobody likes the guy.
- Twitter Celebrates the End of Ted Cruz's Presidential Campaign
- Stories of Humans Against Ted Cruz
- No Texas Newspapers Endorse Cruz for President
10. We’re still not convinced he’s even human.
It’s clear that Cruz’s personality and extreme policy positions do not align with an increasingly progressive Texas.
Ted has got to go.