Best of the Week - Hysterectomy, not HIS-terectomy
A straight-to-the-point curation of this week's suggested content for progressives to read and watch.
Before we dive into the rest, you gotta watch this. This man is the author of Texas' latest abortion restriction. He is unsure if he can have a hysterectomy... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
THINGS TO READ
- U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke on 34-day road trip in underdog Senate bid (Texas Tribune)
- Texas Politicians Pass Cruel Bill Effectively Banning Insurance Coverage of Abortion (Progress TX)
- Texas Transgender Bathroom Bill Falters Amid Mounting Opposition (New York Times)
- AG Ken Paxton’s suit against Austin over ‘sanctuary cities’ ban dismissed (Austin American-Statesman)
- Dozens Of Women Are Being Moved To A Private Detention Center That’s Been Called “Hell” (BuzzFeed)
- Are town halls more trouble than they're worth? Two-thirds of Texas reps are skipping them (Dallas Morning News)
- Texas cuts aid to 'colonias' after years of offering help (AP)
THINGS TO WATCH, LISTEN
- Texas women lawmakers fight back against latest anti-abortion bill (Progress TX )
- Young DREAMer confronts the Texas Attorney General (NowThis)
- Time for Republicans to butt out of city business (Fox 7 - Ed Espinoza)
- Looking at 2018: Democratic candidates for Governor (Fox 7 - Ed Espinoza)
- North Korea threatens United States as sanctions tighten (Fox 7 - Glenn W. Smith)
WAYS TO ACT
- Unity March & Concert - Featuring Voz de Mando (Austin: September 2)
- RALLY: Protect DACA & Immigrant Youth from Paxton (Austin: August 15)
- Ready to Run: El Paso (El Paso: August 12)
- Online Guide: Track LGBTQ-Friendly Businesses in the RGV (NETA)
- Cross District Town Hall with Rep. Joaquin Castro and Rep. Lloyd Doggett (San Antonio: August 12)
Sorry, we still can't get over this. It's HYSterical.
Your donation supports our media and helps us keep it free of ads and paywalls.
Thank you for subscribing - we will be in touch soon!