Best of the Week - Dog Days of Session
A straight-to-the-point curation of this week's suggested content for progressives to read and watch.
THINGS TO READ
- Here Are All the Awful Bills Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick Passed in a Week (Progress TX )
- Kicking out Planned Parenthood Has Been Terrible for Texas Women (CPPP)
- House gives early OK to reversing cuts to disabled children's therapy services (TX Tribune)
- Faith leaders rally against transgender bathroom bills (Austin American-Statesman)
- To prevent maternal mortality, keep studying and take the Medicaid (Corpus Christi Caller Times)
- 3 key dates in the battle over Obamacare's subsidies (CNN Money)
- Study: Sanctuary cities bills could cost Texas $13.8 billion and 248,000 jobs (San Antonio Express-News)
THINGS TO WATCH, LISTEN
- Texas Representative Works to Solve Maternal Mortality (Progress TX )
- Resistance to "Bathroom Bill" in Texas Senate (Progress TX )
- DOJ reportedly going after affirmative action programs (Fox 7 - Ed Espinoza)
- Trump rejects reports of White House chaos through tweet (Fox 7 - Glenn Smith)
- Imagine losing more than half of your land to build Trump's border wall (Neta)
WAYS TO ACT
- Black Lives Matter Austin August Neighborhood Canvassing (Austin: Aug 5th)
- Young Democrats of America National Convention (Dallas: Aug 9th)
- Texas Young Democrats State Convention (Dallas: Aug 12th/13th)
- Preparing to Run: Tarrant County (Tarrant: Aug 28th)
- Conversation with San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg (Austin: Sept 8th)
Dear Texas GOP, instead of obsessively seeking new ways to attack vulnerable Texans, how about we fix this?
Your donation supports our media and helps us keep it free of ads and paywalls.
Thank you for subscribing - we will be in touch soon!